Department of Finance
Division of Municipal Income Tax
E-filing your 2012 City of Lakewood income tax return
To utilize the E-file system, you will need your social security number and the PIN number printed on your tax return or notification letter. In addition to e-filing your 2012 City of Lakewood income tax return, you may check your estimates, prior year credits, file an extension, and update your address.
[ Lakewood E-file System » ]
2012 Tax returns are due on April 15, 2013.
PLEASE NOTE: There have been changes to the Lakewood Tax Ordinance.
- 128.1302 (a) – The due date for withholding payments has been moved from the 20th of each month to the last day of each month.
- 128.1106 – Taxpayers may offset business net profits with business net losses from business conducted in Lakewood or in any municipality that does not levy an income tax.
- 128.09 (m) – Taxpayers must now follow Federal guidelines when taking deductions for Form 2106 Unreimbursed Employee Expenses.
Please see the Lakewood Tax Ordinance for full details!
The Division of Municipal Income Tax will offer extended hours until 7:00 PM on the following dates:
- March 19th, 21st, 26th,28th
- April 2nd, 4th, 9th, 11th, 12th, and 15th
- They will also be open on Saturday, April 13th hours from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
The Lakewood Municipal Income Tax Division is charged with the collection, audit and enforcement of the municipal income tax ordinance. Through proper tax revenue collection, we assist the Department of Finance in maintaining and strengthening the fiscal integrity of the City. We strive to provide the taxpayers of Lakewood with high quality, cost effective, professional, and courteous service.